Why does my water appear discolored?

This may be due to the amount of iron or minerals in the water. This is not harmful and still safe to drink, and is just a temporary disruption.

Why do I smell sewer gas?

That smell typically indicates a problem with the plumbing system. No matter what, you should call your natural gas company or the Public Works Office.

Why do I have low or no water pressure?

This may be an internal problem, but Rogers Public Works will make a visit to your home to ensure this is the case. Please call the Rogers Public Works office to set up an appointment.

How do I have the water to my house turned off?

Call the Public Works Office with a 24-hour notice, if possible.

What if the curb stop in my driveway is missing the cap or is too high?

Contact the Public Works Office to schedule a work order.

How do I set up or cancel water services?

Please call City Hall for utility billing to set up or cancel service before moving in or out. This will allow us to calculate your bill accurately.

Do I have to pay sewer on water I am using outside in the summer?

No. Sewer charges are based on water usage for your winter reading, so that you are not paying for sewer on water you use outside in the summer months. This would include irrigation, watering of plants, washing vehicles and filling swimming pools.

How can I pay my bill?

There are drop boxes at 12913 Main Street and 22350 South Diamond Lake Road. You can drop off your payments at City Hall during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). You cannot pay by credit card over the phone or through the website, but you can stop at City Hall and pay with a credit card at the front desk. Direct payment plan (ACH) is also available, which is an automatic payment with your checking account.

Are there late fees?

The City does charge a penalty for late payments. Any annual unpaid utility bills are assessable and will be applied to Hennepin County Property Tax statements with interest and possibility of additional fees.

How do leaks affect my bill?

Leaks can be costly, even the smallest leak can cause a spike in water bills. A pin hole size leak can amount to losing 185 gallons per day which is 5,550 gallons lost per month. It is highly recommended to have any leak repaired by a licensed plumber.

How much iron is in the water?

The iron ranges from 1.3 to 1.6 milligrams per liter.

What is the hardness of the water?

22 grains

How often do I receive my bill?

You will receive a bill every other month for residential customers and monthly for commercial accounts.

My bill has the "(e)", what does that mean?

When looking at your bill if there is an (e) next to either number (previous usage, current usage) it indicates an estimated reading. If this happens for more than two consecutive bill cycles please contact City Hall to schedule an appointment for investigation and/or repair.

What is the Card that I received on my door for?

The utility department may leave a card for several reasons. The most common reason is that there is a problem with us getting a meter reading, meaning you need to call City Hall at (763) 428-2253 to set up an appointment to have it repaired. It is important that you call as soon as possible to make sure that you are not having estimated readings for an extended period of time which may cause an over or under billing for your water.