Communities are ever-evolving. As they age, they change demographically. And, like people, the needs and preferences of a community evolve over time. Therefore, it is essential for a community to remain relevant to both societal trends and pressures, as well as evolving community values.
Every 10 years, the City of Rogers takes the opportunity to pause and reflect on its past, survey its present and prepare for its future. This snapshot in time is done by evaluating values and issues of importance to the community, as well as exploring current trends, and assessing the short- and long-term needs and opportunities of those who live and work here today and tomorrow. That vision is bound together in a document known as a Comprehensive Plan.
What is the Vision for Rogers in 2040?
- Rogers is a community of choice for living and learning with attainable housing for all persons, vibrant neighborhoods, and academically inclusive schools.
- Rogers is a community of equal economic opportunity with a creative workforce and diverse employment options, and linked transport systems that enable job mobility for workers close to home.
- Rogers is a community of quality environments with treasured places and distinct open spaces that enrich our heritage and life experiences and contribute to our physical health and shape our social connections.
These vision statements emerged as part of the ongoing dialogue by and between residents, business owners, landowners, City staff, and Planning Commission and City Council members, and represent our ideals for what the community of Rogers shall strive to exemplify now and in 2040. These vision statements were used to develop the guiding principles for 2040 Comprehensive Plan, goals and policies that will guide decision-making.
Following a joint meeting of the City Council and Planning Commission on November 28, 2018, the Rogers 2040 Comprehensive Plan was prepared for release for the public review and comment period.
2040 Comp Plan Chapters
- Community Profile
- Vision and Guiding Principles
- Land Use
- Parks Open Spaces and Trails
- Economic Competitiveness
- Water Resources
Download all chapters of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan here.
Questions and Feedback