The Rogers Farmers Market is a market in which farmers, growers, artists, crafters, and select Rogers businesses sell their own products directly to the public, allowing consumers to have a direct relationship with the producer of the items they purchase. This market emphasizes diversity, quality, and freshness as well as community involvement.
Wednesday Afternoons June 13 – October 3
3:00pm - 6:30pm
(No Market on July 4)
Downtown parking lot at 12724 Main Street, Rogers, MN 55374
(Near the Veterans Memorial and Triangle Park Community Gardens)
- Beck's Elk River Greenhouse and Vegetable Farm is from Elk River, MN and sells fresh produce.
- Becky’s Bars & Potions LLC is from Buffalo, MN and sells soaps, ointments and essential oils.
- Caster Cookies is from Maple Grove, MN and sells cookies.
- Cold Stone Creamery is from Maple Grove, MN and sells ice cream.
- Come & Take It BBQ is from Princeton, MN and is a food truck.
- CROSS Services is from Rogers, MN and is a local food shelf.
- Garden Shed Soaps is from Rogers, MN and sells soaps.
- Genie Magic Soap is from Maple Grove, MN and sells natural laundry soap, shampoo.
- Great Harvest Bread is from Maple Grove, MN and sells breads and pastries.
- Hasty Woods Tree Farm & Nursery is from Rogers, MN and sells perennials, shrubs, and trees.
- Houa Yang is from Rogers, MN and sells fresh produce.
- Ken’s Craft Cove is from Ramsey, MN and sells wood crafts.
- Norwex-Jess Seinkowski is from Eden Prairie, MN and sells Norwex cleaning products.
- Pure Nature Honey, LLC is from Big Lake, MN and sells raw local honey.
- Ruter Farm Produce is from Hanover, MN and sells fresh produce.
- The 3rd Bay is from Otsego, MN and sells cutting boards and cooking utensils.
- Tupperware-Mary Strand is from Rogers, MN and sells Tupperware.
- Wayee Xiong is from Corcoran, MN and sells fresh produce.
- Windsperger Produce is from Rogers, MN and sells fresh produce.
- Those wishing to participate in the Market must complete a vendor application and return it, with the appropriate vendor fee and relevant license information, to the City of Rogers before the deadline listed on the application.
- The Rogers Farmer’s Market Steering Committee and the City of Rogers shall review all vendor applications. This team has the responsibility to be fair in reviewing applications but ultimately deny or approve an application based on available space at the market and the items a vendor offers. Returning vendors will be given preference.
- Fees for 2018 season is $100 for one stall (One stall is approximately 12 feet wide by 24 feet deep) and $200 for two stalls (approximately 24 x24’).
- Fees for unaccepted applications will be returned promptly.
Market Goods Guidelines
All items sold at the Rogers Farmers Market must be grown and/or produced by the vendor within 50 miles of Rogers city limits.
The following items are approved for sale:
- Vendor grown fresh fruits and vegetables
- Vendor grown herbs and spices
- Vendor produced farmstead products such as cheese, meats, fish, poultry, eggs, baked goods, canned goods, honey, maple syrup and preserves, if prepared and packaged in accordance with rules established by the MN Department of Agriculture.
- Vendor grown bedding plants, hanging and potted plants, and cut flowers
- Vendor grown dried flowers or plants
Products not listed above must receive clearance from the Steering Committee and the Market Manager before sale. These items include:
- Vendor handmade/homemade crafts
- Products purchased for resale at the market (These are generally not allowed, but exceptions may be made for products directly related to food, agriculture, wellness and sustainability)
- Vendors may not sell any items not shown in their market application without prior approval by the Steering Committee and Market Manager.
- Rogers Farmers Market reserves the right to ask a vendor to remove goods if it is not in accordance with these guidelines.
- All items must be prepared, displayed and stored in accordance with Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Department of Health and Hennepin County Community Health Department guidelines.
- All producers of processed items (cheese, meats, jams, jellies, syrups, baked goods, etc.) are required to adhere to all state and local laws pertaining to the production and selling of such goods.
- Processed food items should be sold with a valid processing license or comply with Minnesota labeling law requirements.
- Produce sold as Certified Organic must have originated from an organic grown Certified Farm.
- Farmers/growers that are not Certified Organic can advertise or sell produce as "Chemical Free" if they practice chemical free farming.
- All items should be sold by bulk, bundle or individual item. Items sold by weight units of measure require a Minnesota State Certified Scale.
- Market staff reserves the right to inspect crops and production areas at any time before or during the market season.
Vendor Stall Guidelines
A Rogers Farmers Market permit will be provided to each vendor. It must be visible in the stall at all times and is not transferable. This permit will state the majority of goods a vendor sells (i.e. vegetables, BBQ sauce). If a vendor is found selling a majority of goods outside of this permit, that vendor will be asked to remove said goods. The permit also indicates that the goods sold by vendor come directly from that vendor. If a vendor is found selling goods for or from another, non-indicated seller, that vendor will be asked to remove said goods.
- Market staff has full authority to assign vendor stall space. Market staff has the authority to move and reassign stall space to enhance or facilitate Market operations.
- There will be stalls for approximately 20 vendors per week.
- One stall is approximately 12 feet by 24 feet; all items must be contained within the stall. Vendors may rent one or two stalls. Tables, tents and canopies should be set up along the customer walkway border of your stall to allow for a uniform store front for all vendors.
- Vendors are allowed only one vehicle in their assigned stall. Vehicles may also be parked in an adjacent lot.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all tables, canopies and other items needed for their display.
- Tents and canopies must be weighted down.
- No stakes may be pounded into the tarmac.
- Limited electricity is available. 10amp shared circuits are $25 for the season.
- Stall space will be assigned to allow for the best product mix and traffic flow.
- Stall space is available to those actively engaged in producing accepted products. Accepted products are those listed in the Market Goods Guidelines section of this document.
- All displays must be neat and tasteful.
- All permits and licenses required by the City of Rogers, Hennepin County, the State of Minnesota or the Federal Government are the sole responsibility of the vendors.
General Market Guidelines
- Vendors may begin setting up at 2:00 p.m., but not before that time, on Market days. A Market Manager will be at the Market location at 2:00 p.m. to check in vendors, assign parking stalls and assist vendors with any questions.
- The Market will begin at exactly 3:00 p.m. No presales are allowed. Failure to comply with the starting time will result in a $20 fine mailed to you and/or loss of future selling privileges.
- Market vendors must be ready to start selling at 3:00 p.m. on Market days. The City of Rogers encourages vendors to be in place ½ hour before the Market opens. Vendors must remain until the Market closes.
- There will be no moving vehicles in the market area between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. If you arrive after 3:00, you must park in an adjacent area and walk your merchandise and supplies (tents, tables, etc.) to and from your stall location. Failure to comply with this regulation may result in a loss of future selling privileges.
- Failure to comply with the above General Market guidelines will result in vendor review by the Steering Committee, with sanctions up to and including forfeiture of assigned stall.
- Market will occur rain or shine. Market hours may be adjusted if threatening weather occurs. Please call 763-428-0974 if you have questions.
- Attendance, as indicated on the application, is required for all vendors. If a vendor will not be able to attend, that vendor must call the Market Manager or the appropriate Market staff to let them know.
- If a vendor misses three days of Market on which they indicated they would be in attendance on their application, they will be asked to forfeit their assigned stall and moved to give preference to vendors who attend regularly.
- Any vendor who the Market staff feels is not complying with the Market rules may be asked to leave.
- The vendor in turn may petition to be re-accepted to the Market if approved by the Market Manager.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking and pets are prohibited at the Market.
- The general cleanliness of the Market area is everyone's responsibility. All vendors must keep their area neat while selling and make certain that the area is clean before leaving.
- All Market vendors should represent themselves in an appropriate manner, dress, and state of cleanliness. Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- Price, terms of sale, etc. are between buyer and seller only.
- All vendors agree to abide by fair business practices.
- Vendors must remove all trash from the market area by 7:00 p.m. This includes produce debris, bags and boxes as a result of their sales. Trash cans are provided only for incidental trash.
- Any required sales tax collections and remittances are the sole responsibility of the vendors.
- The City of Rogers is not liable for any injury, theft, or damage to either the buyer or seller, or their property, arising out of or pertaining to preparation for or participation in the Rogers Farmers Market; whether such injury, theft or damage occurred prior, during, or after the Rogers Farmers Market, seller further agrees to indemnify and hold the City of Rogers harmless for and against any claims for such injury, theft or damage.
- All vendors should carry their own general liability and product liability insurance, as the City does not provide this coverage.