A Fence permit is required anytime a new fence is constructed, or an existing fence is altered or moved.
Fence Permit Fees
The fee for a fence permit is $100.00
A fence inspection is needed by calling City Hall after the monument irons have been located and exposed, the fence line posts have been installed, and before the final completion of the fence.
Location of Property Lines
Permanent corner iron monuments should be located below the sod level, in the ground of each legally divided parcel of land in Rogers. Locating the corner iron monuments is the responsibility of the property owner. The corner iron monument can be found by using a certificate of survey and a metal detector, or contact a registered land surveyor to locate and expose the monuments or replace any missing pins.
Setback requirements are needed for certain projects. Lot surveys are usually available at city hall upon request. Some of the setback requirements are:
- You may not block the drainage in the drainage easement.
- You must place the fence in the rear of the principle building.
- Corner lots have special requirements, please see the fence ordinance 1999-15.
- You may not place the fence on the property line (unless permitted with documentation).
- You must discuss and acquire written permission of your neighbors, that you will be placing the fence on the lot lines. Download and fill out neighbor signature form.
- You understand that by placing your fence in the drainage and utility easement that if there are any problems in the future, you will be responsible for any expenses should any access along the drainage and utility easement be necessary by the City of Rogers or its permittees.
A lot survey shows where the house is on your lot, drainage easements, and lot lines. This is useful for projects for any outdoor projects. Lot surveys are available upon requires. Contact City Hall for more information.
Submitting a fence permit
To submit a fence permit the following documents are needed for approval
- Certificate of Survey of the property or an accurate, scaled drawing of the property indicating the location of the house, garage(s), other improvements and the fence all in relation to the legal property lines.
- Cross Section
- List of Materials
All documents must be submitted as a picture file at a high resolution (readable) document.
You can submit by logging into the Rogers Permit Portal website.
Fence Code questions can be answered by calling City Hall at 763-428-2253.