Facility User of a private event may arrange food service through the caterer of their choice or prepare the food themselves at the Community Room kitchen.  All food served should be prepared at a licensed facility.  All caterers will receive an initial facility orientation no more than 2 weeks prior to the event date.

Facility User of a public function require a Special Event License from the Hennepin County Environmental Health Department (phone number 612-543-5200 and request a “Special Event License”) a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event day.  This would be for events such as a pancake breakfast, spaghetti dinner, and like events.  This license shall be posted in the rental area the day of the event so that is it visible to the general public.

The Community Room is a non-staffed facility and it is the responsibility of the user to coordinate all deliveries for their event and make arrangements for someone to be at the facility to let them in.  

It is the responsibility of the facility user and/or the caterer to consolidate trash following food service and dispose in outside dumpster during and after the event.  Failure to remove all garbage from the facility after your event will result in an automatic deduction from your damage deposit.

Food and/or beverages can only be served in the areas reserved by the user as approved in the reservation process and appearing on the application.

*Note: The facility user’s damage deposit will be held until a complete inspection of the kitchen facility has been done.  In the event there is damage to the kitchen and/or it’s contents, the damage deposit will not be refunded to the renter.